Skip to content

Dining Room In Progress

January 24, 2013

I know there are a lot of people out there that don’t use their dining rooms and we aren’t one of those people. Even when it is just the three of us eating a Paul Newman frozen pizza you can find us in our dining room. Part of the reason could be that we have a tiny table and two chairs in our nook now but, come to think of it, we have always spent a lot of time in our previous dining rooms. When we bought this house the walls were brown and there was pink marble and carpet on the floors. As you can see in the image below there was also a polished brass chandeli

Satisfying SpacesWe had wood flooring installed, painted the walls and switched out the chandelier. When everything needs revamping in your house all at once you learn to use a lot of what you have to make due. Right now we only have four chairs so when we need to accommodate company we have to bring the only two chairs we have in the kitchen nook into the dining room. If there are more than six of us we have to spread out to the bar in the kitchen. I look forward to the day we are equipped to seat eight comfortably.

Satisfying Spaces

Yesterday I scored the two bird prints and I absolutely love them!

Satisfying Spaces

We have high ceilings so there is a lot of wall space to fill. The large mirror was a recent acquisition in attempt to fill that large wall space. I think we might need to add some sconces on either side or maybe we’ll leave it as is. Not sure yet.

Satisfying Spaces

A view looking into the foyer and living room…

Satisfying Spaces

It is definitely a more casual dining room. Maybe that is why we gravitate towards the room so much.

I hope you all are having a great week!

About these ads
23 Comments leave one →
  1. January 24, 2013 5:14 pm

I LOVE IT! What a transformation! Those bird prints are wonderful there! I just did a post on black and white so I am going to post this on my facebook page!

2. January 24, 2013 5:44 pm

You are so good at seeing past the current state of a room. You have VISION and what you’ve done looks so fabulous!

• January 24, 2013 6:41 pm

Thanks Amy! I just saw your website. I am glad to know you are still using your fantastic photography skills!

3. January 24, 2013 6:14 pm

Everything looks wonderful, love the chandelier & bird prints. Your house is absolutely GORGEOUS! The architecture with all the moldings and the large room sizes…and those stunning windows & wood doors!!! You mst be so excited to get to decorate such a lovely home, can’t wait to see more :)

4. January 24, 2013 6:46 pm

Thank you Heidi! It is fun working on the new home but, the bigger the house the more stuff you need. Haha!

5. January 25, 2013 3:12 pm

Heather
    Your style is clean and you have a good aesthetic presence to your rooms. I enjoy seeing your post on pinterest…….Caroline

6. January 25, 2013 6:09 pm

Thank you Caroline!

7. January 25, 2013 9:19 pm

What a fantastic transformation & a very inviting space, I can see why you love to use it so much.
    We once had a dinner party where we didnt have enough chairs, so we made it a bring your own chair party, there were lots of giggles about this & it created some fond memories with our friends, LOL!!

• January 26, 2013 7:25 pm

That is great Trish! We may have to use your idea if our dinners gatherings get any larger. :-)

8. January 28, 2013 12:29 am

Looks awesome! Love the prints and the wall color…and the china hutch! Great for dinner parties….I love the more casual look.

9. January 28, 2013 2:33 pm

Thank you mary Ann!

10. January 28, 2013 6:01 pm

it looks great! i think that’s so nice that you eat in your dining room so often. i live in a tiny apartment but one day i plan to have a dining room that’s used more often than not!

11. January 29, 2013 10:38 am

Your home has beautiful woodwork!

12. March 27, 2013 4:49 am

Love, love, love the wall color. What color is it?

13. Anonymous permalink
    March 28, 2013 2:24 am

could you please tell me the color of the dining room and what brand of paint?

14. Anonymous permalink
    March 28, 2013 2:13 pm

Thank you! Love your work!

15. Anonymous permalink
    March 28, 2013 3:22 pm

Hello, I went to Benjamin Moore and got a Steel Wool paint swatch and it looks SO much more gray. Your walls to me look like a taupy, beigy, gray. Are you sure that is the right name of the wall color in your dining room. Thank you, Tami

• March 28, 2013 6:40 pm

I am so sorry! My husband and I were looking through all of the paint cans and I thought it was Stone Harbor Gray and he insisted it was Steel Wool. Now that I am looking online I think I was correct in assuming it was Stone Harbor Gray. I am sorry you made the trip and it was the wrong paint. Sometimes it looks blue gray and other times it looks like a taupe gray. We have painted so much it is hard to keep track. ;-)

16. Anonymous permalink
    March 28, 2013 9:42 pm

No problem. I know exactly what you mean. We have a mountain of paint cans in our basement as well. No matter how well I label the can it can still get confusing when searching for the color we want at the moment. Thank you so much for looking again. Will check out that color. I actually painted it today with BM Brandon Beige. I love the color of your dining room though. I might use it in the study. Thank you again!
    Tami

• March 29, 2013 2:26 pm

Too funny! We just painted our kitchen Brandon Beige. I love it! Are you happy with it in your dining room?